But DryShips -- which, unlike any other dry-bulker, has pursued a course into the deepwater offshore drilling business -- enjoyed a modest boost from that very segment in its latest quarter.
Judging by the results of our most recent survey, which asked readers of TheStreet to choose the shipper they believed would post the best quarterly numbers, no company will perform better than what we've already seen.
As usual, fan-favorite DryShips took the trophy, though somewhat narrowly, receiving some 29.5% of the vote. In second place: Diana Shipping (DSX), which reports its third quarter before the opening bell on Nov. 10. The DryShips rival took home 23% of your clicks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV