Earnings Roundup: Weyerhaeuser, Duke Energy
Among the earnings stories for Friday, Oct. 30, from AP Financial News:
Weyerhaeuser Co. said the sale of some of its forestland helped it break even in the third quarter after a tough string of losses.
Duke Energy reported that sales to industrial customers have begun to stabilize, another signal that better economic conditions have led to growing power consumption.
Electric utility Progress Energy Inc. said its third-quarter net income fell mainly because of a charge related to damages in a breach-of-contract lawsuit.Independent oil and gas producer Berry Petroleum Co. said its third-quarter profit fell 64 percent on a steep drop in oil and gas sales stemming from lower energy prices. Power company Dominion said its third-quarter profit rose 17 percent, helped by improvements in its regulated electric utility and gas transmission businesses. United Stationers Inc. said its third-quarter profit edged up 1 percent on reduced expenses and continued high demand for some of its flu-related products. Alliant Energy Corp. posted a third-quarter loss mainly due to a hefty special charge, and the company cut its full-year outlook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV