Kingsway Financial Completes Sale Of Zephyr
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) ¿ Kingsway Financial Services Inc. said Friday that it has completed the sale of Zephyr Insurance Company Inc. for $31.5 million.
The Canadian company sold the specialty property insurance business to Zephyr Acquisition Co., which is part of Ocean Harbor Holding Inc. and MP Holdings, a Hawaiian investor group.
Zephyr was created specifically to protect Hawaii homeowners and residents from catastrophic loss due to hurricanes.
Shares of Kingsway Financial fell 19 cents, or 4.7 percent, to $3.82 in afternoon trading Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV