Analyst Lifts KBR Rating On Projects, Valuation
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) ¿ An analyst upgraded KBR Inc. to "Buy" Friday, saying the engineering and construction firm is in line for several large projects in the near future.
Despite losing military contracts in Afghanistan, Stifel Nicolaus & Co. analyst Barry Bannister said in a client note that KBR continues to do work for British forces in Afghanistan and the U.S., "perhaps vividly demonstrating their capabilities vis-a-vis competitors."
He said 2010 to 2011 may feature "extraordinarily large contracts" such as liquefied natural gas work in Australia and a petrochemical plant and refinery, both in Saudi Arabia.
Bannister said the Houston company's stock slide in the past week was unwarranted. Shares have fallen 16 percent since Oct. 22, closing at $20.57 Thursday.He reversed his previous rating on Monday when he downgraded KBR to "Hold" from "Buy" on an assessment that profit could decline significantly this year as the U.S. military becomes less active in Iraq. KBR said Thursday its third-quarter profit fell 14 percent as revenue declined in its biggest business, government and infrastructure, and in its military work in Iraq with fewer U.S. projects.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV