Bare Escentuals 3Q Profit Dips Slightly
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ Mineral cosmetics manufacturer Bare Escentuals Inc. said on Thursday that its third-quarter profit fell slightly, but the results were ahead of analyst expectations and its shares rose.
The company said it earned $22.6 million, or 24 cents per share, for the quarter that ended Sept. 27. That was down about 1 percent from a profit of $22.9 million, or 25 cents per share, during the same period last year.
Revenue rose 4.2 percent to $135.7 million, from $130.2 million a year earlier.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were expecting a profit of 21 cents per share on revenue of $131.6 million.The economy "remains challenging" but the company is pleased with the third-quarter outcome, CEO Leslie Blodgett said. Bare Escentuals shares rose $1.01, or 8.1 percent, to $13.50 in late trading. They're near their 52-week high of $12.85.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV