Harmonic, SkyPeople: Midday Volume Plays
Central Pacific Financial (CPF) lost 91 cents, or 38.7%, to $1.44 after the company reported a third-quarter adjusted net loss of $71.7 million, or $2.54 a share, as the company was impacted by increased credit costs resulting from further deterioration in the Hawaii and California commercial real estate markets. Volume topped 3.9 million shares, compared to the three-month average daily volume of 1.2 million, according to Yahoo! Finance.
Giga-tronics (GIGA) jumped by 72 cents, or 37.3%, to $2.65 after the company late Wednesday swung to a third-quarter net profit of $373,000 or 8 cents a share, compared with a year-ago loss of $540,000 or 11 cents a share. Excluding share based compensation, earnings totaled 9 cents a share, the company said. Volume topped 175,000 shares, compared to the 50-day average daily volume of 11,000, according to the Nasdaq.
Build-A-Bear Workshop (BBW) slid by 40 cents, or 7.2%, to $5.19 after the company reported a third-quarter loss of $4.8 million, or 25 cents a share, wider than the year-ago loss of 11 cents a share. The adjusted loss totaled 12 cents a share, worse than the Thomson Reuters average estimate for a loss of 6 cents a share. Volume topped 185,000 shares, compared to the three-month average daily volume of 117,000, according to Yahoo! Finance.
-- Written by Robert Holmes in New York.Check out all of Thursday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV