KBR 3Q Falls With Less Work In Government, Iraq
HOUSTON (AP) ¿ Engineering and construction company KBR Inc. said Thursday its third-quarter profit fell 14 percent as revenue declined in its biggest business, government and infrastructure, and in its military work in Iraq as the U.S. has fewer projects there.
Net income of $73 million, or 45 cents per share, was down from $85 million, or 51 cents per share, in the same quarter last year. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected earnings of 41 cents per share.
Revenue for the quarter ended Sept. 30 was $2.84 billion, down 6 percent from $3.02 billion in the same three months of 2008.
Analysts expected revenue of $2.92 billion.Shares fell in afternoon trading. Revenue at KBR's government and infrastructure business fell 28 percent, to $1.38 billion from $1.76 billion. Bill Utt, chairman, president and CEO, said revenue for the Army's Logistics Civil Augmentation Program, or Logcap, was down 15 percent in the quarter, "consistent with reduced activity levels in Iraq."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV