Endo 3Q Profit Falls On Indevus Buyout Costs
CHADDS FORD, Pa. (AP) ¿ Drug developer Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc. said Thursday its third-quarter profit plunged on charges mainly related to the buyout of Indevus Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Net income dropped 25 percent to $49.4 million, or 42 cents per share, from $66 million, or 55 cents per share, during the same period a year prior. Revenue rose 14 percent to $361 million from $316.8 million.
Excluding charges mainly related to Indevus, the company earned 63 cents per share in the latest quarter. In February, the company paid $370 million for Lexington, Mass.-based Indevus.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected profit of 64 cents per share on revenue of $365.3 million.Sales of the Lidoderm pain patch dipped less than 1 percent to $193 million, while sales of the pain drugs Opana and Opana ER rose 42 percent to $59 million. Revenue from the painkiller Percocet was flat at $31 million. Generic drug sales, meanwhile, edged up less than 1 percent to $23 million. The company raised its 2009 forecast for adjusted profit to a range of $2.67 to $2.73 per share, up from a prior range of $2.59 to $2.67 per share. It now expects revenue between $1.44 billion and $1.47 billion, up from a previous forecast of $1.39 billion to $1.44 billion. Analysts expect full-year profit of $2.71 per share on revenue of $1.45 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV