Genta Melanoma Drug Study Disappoints: BioBuzz
But the FDA said it was not comfortable with Intermezzo's safety profile, particularly the risk that people might suffer lingering effects from the drug after they woke up. In particular, regulators want Transcept to show that Intermezzo has no negative effect on next-day driving ability, the company said.
Transcept said it may have to conduct one or more additional safety studies to provide FDA with the data it needs to approve Intermezzo.
Transcept shares closed Wednesday at $11.47 but appear to be trading sharply lower in pre-market trading Thursday.
-- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV