Perhaps you prefer to order in some pizza, in which case, let's take a look at three national pizza chains: Domino's (DPZ), Papa John's (PZZA) and Pizza Hut, which is owned by Yum! Brands (YUM). These pizza chains have added more variety to their takeout and delivery menus with items such as chicken wings, salads, pastas and sandwiches. On a fundamental basis, I like Yum! the best because it operates several brands in addition to Pizza Hut, including Taco Bell, KFC, A&W and Long John Silver's, with tremendous growth outside the U.S., particularly in China.
I cover the entire food and beverage industry in my newsletter, The LakeView Restaurant & Food Chain Index.
Fox Sports, a News Corp. (NWS) television network, will be covering the World Series. Working in Fox's favor is that the World Series is between a New York team and a Philadelphia team. The New York metro area is the largest in the nation, with about 19 million people, and the Philadelphia metro area is the fifth largest, with nearly 6 million people. Together they represent about 8% of the total U.S. population. The ultimate media combination would be New York vs. Los Angeles, but that was not fated to happen in 2009.Another factor that could work in Fox's favor is the length of the World Series. It's a best-out-of-seven-games competition, so the longer it takes for a team to win four games, the more games Fox will broadcast. That means more viewership and more commercial advertising. May the best team win! -- Written by Scott Rothbort in Millburn, N.J.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV