Boston Beer has delivered steady and consistent earnings growth over the past four years and is expected to do so again in 2009 and 2010. EPS is expected to grow 6.8% in 2009 and 15.7% in 2010. The five-year revenue growth rate is nearly 19%. Given that it is a fast-growing brand and controls only 0.5% market share in the U.S., the company has ample opportunity for future growth at rates comparable to those it has enjoyed in the past.
Finally, for those of you who prefer nonalcoholic beverages, there are plenty of companies to choose from, including the triumvirate of carbonated beverages: Pepsi (PEP), Coca-Cola (KO) and Dr. Pepper Snapple (DPS). These companies have not only sodas but also a whole variety of bottled waters, juices, juice drinks, sports drinks, vitamin waters and teas. Pepsi has one distinct advantage over its competition: its Frito-Lay snack division, which leads me to the next category of World Series investment opportunities.
What's on the Menu
Does anything go with a ball game like a good old American hot dog? Even if you're watching the game from the comfort of your own living room, you're in luck, because many of the hot dogs you eat at the stadium are also available in grocery stores, including Ball Park Franks, made by Sara Lee (SLE); Nathan's Famous (NATH); and Hebrew National, a ConAgra Foods (CAG) brand. Of all these companies, I like Nathan's the best because the company sells products both in supermarkets and restaurants, some of which are located right in the new Yankee Stadium.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV