Top-Priced Home in Brooklyn Features Four Clocks
BROOKLYN, N.Y. (TheStreet) -- For $25 million, this Brooklyn penthouse offers skyline views, a glass elevator and a deck. More importantly, its four gigantic clocks will ensure the owner never gets out the door late again.
The Clocktower, a three-story home perched atop a 95-year-old building in Brooklyn's Dumbo neighborhood, located on the East River between the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges, is listed for more than twice the price of the most expensive home ever offered in that borough. The 7,000-square-foot penthouse, known for its four clocks, features a panoramic view of New York's iconic sights, including the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building and the Manhattan skyline.
|This Brooklyn penthouse features four 15-foot clocks.|
"The clock tower, because of its unique and bizarre features and its incredible view, is probably one of the most spectacular things in real estate one would ever see," says Asher Abehsera, vice president for Two Trees Management, which developed the property and is overseeing its sale. "We've been working on this space for a number of years now and every time I walk in, it is just, 'Wow.'"The Clocktower building was previously the site of a cardboard factory. In 1998, it was divided into 124 condominium units. David Walentas, a developer and principal at Two Trees, later designed and renovated the triplex. The 3,000-square-foor main floor features a living space capped by 16-foot-high ceilings. The second floor has three bedrooms and a pedestal bathtub in the master bathroom that overlooks the Manhattan skyline. A glass elevator travels among the unit's three floors, alongside a glass and wood staircase. The fourth floor includes a deck and a half-enclosed, temperature-controlled sky box.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV