China Tech Jumps on Volume Spike
HONG KONG (TheStreet) -- China Technology Development (CTDC) shares jumped Tuesday on above-average volume after the integrated clean energy company said it will acquire majority interest in on-grid solar power station business.
China Technology Development said on Tuesday it has entered into a stock purchase agreement with China Technology Solar Power Holdings Limited and its direct and indirect shareholders to acquire a 51% equity interest and become the major shareholder of CTSPHL Group.
Shares of China Technology Development were climbing by $1.14, or 31.2%, to $4.80. Earlier in the session, the stock touched an intraday high of $5.09. More than 978,000 shares changed hands by 10:45 a.m. EDT Tuesday, 10 times greater than the stock's 50-day average daily volume of 97,000, according to the Nasdaq.
China Technology Development has a 8.86 million-share float with only 257,000 shares short as of Sept. 25, according to Yahoo! Finance. Only 3.2% of the company's shares are held by insiders with another 1.7% owned by institutions.-- Written by Robert Holmes in New York. Check out all of Tuesday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV