On Friday, the flailing insurer paid $1 million to CFO David Herzog and $1.6 million to Kristen P. Moor, president and chief executive of its property/casualty insurance business, according to a Securities and Exchange filing.
These payments were supposed to be paid earlier in the year but were delayed due to an investigation, as AIG is one of the companies that received funds from the Troubled Asset Relief Program. The insurer was given $180 billion in bailout loans last fall.
But even on the brink of collapse, AIG promised the retention payments in 2008 to convince employees to stay at the company. "Restructuring of these retention contracts would not be consistent with the Public Interest Standard," with respect to three of the covered employees, AIG said in its filing.-- Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV