Cbeyond Gets Preliminary Approval To Settle Suit
ATLANTA (AP) ¿ Communications services company Cbeyond Inc. said Friday that the Superior Court of Fulton County, Ga., issued preliminary approval for the settlement of a derivative lawsuit that the company had previously disclosed.
A derivative lawsuit lets shareholders sue executives or board members over claims that their actions harmed the company as a whole.
The suit had alleged that individual defendants caused Cbeyond to issue "materially false or misleading statement and omissions concerning the company's financial well-being and future prospects" between November 2007 and February 2008.
It alleged that the defendants "failed to disclose and/or purposely misled investors regarding Cbeyond's customer attrition rate ... which was allegedly much higher than disclosed by the company through the individual defendants."Cbeyond said Friday that the settlement includes payment of $200,000 in plaintiffs' counsel's fees and expenses. The money will come from a company insurance policy and won't hurt Cbeyond's financial statements. Cbeyond said the settlement still needs final approval from the court.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV