Cbeyond Gets Preliminary Approval To Settle Suit
ATLANTA (AP) ¿ Communications services company Cbeyond Inc. said Friday that the Superior Court of Fulton County, Ga., issued preliminary approval for the settlement of a derivative lawsuit that the company had previously disclosed.
A derivative lawsuit lets shareholders sue executives or board members over claims that their actions harmed the company as a whole.
The suit had alleged that individual defendants caused Cbeyond to issue "materially false or misleading statement and omissions concerning the company's financial well-being and future prospects" between November 2007 and February 2008.
It alleged that the defendants "failed to disclose and/or purposely misled investors regarding Cbeyond's customer attrition rate ... which was allegedly much higher than disclosed by the company through the individual defendants."Cbeyond said Friday that the settlement includes payment of $200,000 in plaintiffs' counsel's fees and expenses. The money will come from a company insurance policy and won't hurt Cbeyond's financial statements. Cbeyond said the settlement still needs final approval from the court.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV