ScanSource 1Q Profit Falls 12 Percent
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) ¿ ScanSource Inc., maker of bar-code labelers and scanners, said Thursday that its fiscal first-quarter profit fell 12 percent as sales dropped.
The company, based in Greenville, S.C., earned $10.9 million, or 41 cents per share, in the quarter that ended Sept. 30. That is down from the $12.4 million, or 47 cents per share, it earned a year earlier.
The quarterly profit fell short of a 44 cent per share consensus prediction of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
Revenue fell 9.5 percent to $488.4 million from $539.8 million. Analysts had expected $474 million.ScanSource shares rose 29 cents to $29.57 on Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV