Lattice Semiconductor 3Q Loss Narrows
HILLSBORO, Ore. (AP) ¿ Chip maker Lattice Semiconductor Corp. said Thursday its third-quarter loss narrowed to $4.1 million as sales fell 15 percent and costs declined.
The loss for the three months ended Oct. 3 was 4 cents a share, compared with a loss of $7 million, or 6 cents a share, a year ago.
The third-quarter results included stock-based compensation expense, restructuring charges and an impairment charge on marketable securities that totaled $4.6 million.
Excluding these items, net income for the third quarter of this year was $516,000, or 0 cents per share.The company reduced its costs and expenses 18 percent to $52.6 million from $63.8 million a year earlier. Revenue in the quarter fell to $49.1 million from $57.6 million a year ago. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters, who generally exclude one-time items from their estimates, were expecting a loss of 2 cents a share on revenue of $47.4 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV