Earnings Roundup: Terra Nitrogen, Chipotle
CHICAGO (AP) ¿ Rail and marine leasing company GATX Corp. said its third-quarter profit fell more than 73 percent to $19.6 million as sales plunged 27 percent.
DALLAS (AP) ¿ Building materials maker Eagle Materials Inc. said its fiscal second-quarter profit fell 22 percent on lower sales of cement and concrete products.
ATLANTA (AP) ¿ Profits and sales were down for another quarter at UPS, but investors will look ahead to the upcoming holiday season to see if the world's largest shipping carrier ¿ and the U.S. economy ¿ are truly on the road to recovery.
HOUSTON (AP) ¿ Texas bank holding company Sterling Bancshares Inc. posted a third-quarter loss, reversing a year-ago profit, as the weak economy forced the company to set aside more money to cover loan losses.SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) ¿ Taser International Inc., an electric-shock weapons company, said it posted a third-quarter loss amid sharply higher research and development expenses for new products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV