Earnings Roundup: Terra Nitrogen, Chipotle
Among the earnings stories for Thursday, Oct. 22, from AP Financial News:
SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) ¿ Fertilizer maker Terra Nitrogen Co. LP said its third-quarter profit plunged 84 percent as sales dropped and selling prices fell by about a third.
DENVER (AP) ¿ Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. said its third-quarter profit climbed almost 77 percent, thanks in part to the addition of new restaurants.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) ¿ Wellness-program provider Healthways Inc. said its third-quarter profit plunged on lower program revenue and higher costs, though the company boosted its full-year outlook.MINNEAPOLIS (AP) ¿ Mattress maker Select Comfort Corp. reported a surge in third-quarter earnings and said it will post a profit for the full year as business begins to stabilize, sending shares up more than 6 percent in aftermarket trading. SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) ¿ Dental products company Align Technology Inc. said that hefty costs for a patent lawsuit settlement caused a third-quarter loss, but adjusted profit topped Wall Street expectations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV