Seattle Genetics 3Q Loss Narrows On Partnerships
BOTHELL, Wash. (AP) ¿ Development-stage biotechnology company Seattle Genetics Inc. said Thursday its third-quarter loss narrowed on higher revenue from partnerships.
The company lost $19.8 million, or 21 cents per share, compared with a loss of $21.8 million, or 27 cents per share, during the same period a year prior. Revenue rose 44 percent to $11.6 million from $8.1 million.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected a loss of 25 cents per share on revenue of $9.4 million.
The company's key partnership is with Genentech Inc., now part of Roche. The companies are developing potential cancer treatments.Shares of Seattle Genetics rose 12 cents to close at $9.85.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV