Healthways 3Q Profit Falls On Revenue Dip
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) ¿ Wellness-program provider Healthways Inc. said Thursday its third-quarter profit plunged on lower program revenue and higher costs, though the company boosted its full-year outlook.
The company earned $8.8 million, or 26 cents per share, down from profit of $15.6 million, or 45 cents per share, during the same period a year ago. Revenue slipped 3 percent to $181.6 million from $187.4 million.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected profit of 23 cents per share on revenue of $169.6 million.
The company said that since the beginning of the third quarter it has signed new, expanded or extended contracts with regional Blue Cross Blue Shield health plans, state governments and Fortune 100 employers.Looking ahead, Healthways increased its full-year profit and revenue outlook, citing performance in its domestic operations. It now expects adjusted profit between $1.01 and $1.05 per share, up from prior guidance between 97 cents and $1.05 per share. Revenue is forecast between $708 million and $717 million, up from prior guidance of $685 million to $700 million. Analysts, on average, expect profit of 98 cents per share on revenue of $696.6 million. Shares of Healthways fell 19 cents to close earlier at $16.15.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV