Logitech's 2Q Profit Drops Less Than Expected
FREMONT, Calif. (AP) ¿ Better-than-expected sales helped Logitech International on Thursday post a smaller decline in quarterly profit that Wall Street expected, and shares rose to a new year high.
The maker of computer mice, Web cameras and other computer accessories reported a profit of $20.7 million, or 11 cents per share for its fiscal second quarter ended Sept. 30. That's down 71 percent from $72.3 million, or 39 cents per share, in the same quarter a year earlier.
Sales slid 25 percent to $498 million.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters predicted profit of 7 cents per share on sales of $482 million.Looking ahead, Logitech expects to report fiscal third-quarter sales of $575 million to $595 million. Analysts forecast $588.3 million, on average. Shares rose 76 cents, or 4.2 percent, to $18.89 in afternoon trading. The stock earlier traded as high as $19.76, topping a previous year high of $19.53 set last month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV