Inter Parfums 3Q Sales Falls 5 Pct
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Perfume maker Inter Parfums Inc. said Thursday its third-quarter sales fell 5 percent to $117.5 million from $123.5 million a year earlier, and it expects to update its 2009 profit expectation.
Its shares rose more than 5 percent.
Excluding the effect of foreign exchange rates, sales fell 3 percent in the third quarter.
The company makes perfumes for brands such as Burberry, Van Cleef & Arpels and Paul Smith as well as personal care products for Gap, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers and bebe.The company plans to report full third-quarter results on Nov. 9. Inter Parfums management believes its 2009 profit guidance is conservative given the third quarter's results and plans to update it when it reports the full results. Its current estimate is for 70 per share in profit, excluding the effect of foreign exchange translation. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expect 72 cents per share. Inter Parfums shares rose 65 cents, or 5.2 percent, to $13.09 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV