Earnings Roundup: Northrop Grumman, Eli Lilly
Among the earnings stories for Wednesday, Oct. 21, from AP Financial News:
WASHINGTON (AP) ¿ Northrop Grumman Corp. said earnings for the third quarter were hurt by higher pension costs, but solid revenue and a tax break pushed results well past analyst estimates. The maker of military aircraft and defense electronics also lifted its profit outlook for the year.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) ¿ Eli Lilly & Co. turned a third-quarter profit as sales volume on several drugs climbed, but its newest drug and a possible key source of future revenue started slowly.
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) ¿ The Marlboro Man roped in a larger portion of the cigarette market even as smokers bought fewer of Altria Group Inc.'s cigarettes in the third quarter.NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Supertex Inc. shares fell after the chip maker's fiscal second-quarter profit missed Wall Street forecasts as its profit margin shrank. MINNEAPOLIS (AP) ¿ Investment bank Piper Jaffray Cos. said it posted a third-quarter profit, reversing a year-ago loss, as revenue in its institutional brokerage unit more than doubled. DENVER (AP) ¿ Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. said that quarterly earnings rose for the first time this year as the mining giant cut costs, developing countries bought copper and investors nervous about the economy bought gold. PARAMUS, N.J. (AP) ¿ Hudson City Bancorp Inc., a holding company for Hudson City Savings Bank, said its third-quarter profit rose 11 percent as it increased its net interest margin, acquired more retail loans through refinancings and boosted its deposits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV