Earnings Roundup: Amgen, Pactiv
Among the earnings stories for Wednesday, Oct. 21, from AP Financial News:
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Biotechnology company Amgen Inc. said lower costs in its research and sales units pushed up third-quarter profit 24 percent, despite a continued downturn in anemia drug sales.
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) ¿ Pactiv Corp., which makes Hefty garbage bags and packaging materials, said that its third-quarter profit rose 64 percent to $87 million even as sales declined 9 percent.
BRENTWOOD, Tenn. (AP) ¿ Retailer Tractor Supply Co. said its third-quarter profit rose 39 percent as sales increased slightly and it improved its gross margin.MENLO PARK, Calif. (AP) ¿ Robert Half International Inc. said its third-quarter profit fell 86 percent, though the staffing services company still beat Wall Street estimates. PHOENIX (AP) ¿ Knight Transportation Inc. said its third-quarter profit fell 18 percent as weak consumer spending continues to hurt freight markets, and the trucking firm warned that demand isn't picking up fast enough to support price increases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV