Colony Financial, Colony Capital To Provide Loan
LOS ANGELES (AP) ¿ Colony Financial Inc. and Colony Capital LLC said Wednesday that they will provide a $206 million senior secured term loan to William Lyon Homes.
Colony Financial, a real estate finance company, will put up $50 million of the loan amount, with funds managed by Colony Capital financing the rest of the amount.
William Lyon Homes plans to use the loan's proceeds to bolster its liquidity, buy back debt, restructure its balance sheet, make potential land acquisitions and for general corporate purposes.
Shares of Colony Financial, which went public last month, shed 9 cents to $19.90 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV