Kerkorian, 92, MGM Mirage's majority stockholder until this year, said through his investment firm Tracinda Corp. that he is "exploring the possibility of strategic partnerships or other alternatives" for his stake in the Las Vegas-based casino company.
But Tracinda also said there might not be any change.
MGM Mirage had announced minutes earlier on Tuesday that its third-quarter earnings will show a $955 million charge to reflect the falling value of CityCenter, its $8.5 billion joint venture on the Las Vegas Strip. By The Associated Press
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 50.71, or 0.5 percent, to 10,041.48.The broader Standard & Poor's 500 index fell 6.85, or 0.6 percent, to 1,091.06, and the Nasdaq composite index fell 12.85, or 0.6 percent, to 2,163.47. Benchmark crude for November delivery fell 52 cents to settle at $79.09 on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV