But consumer advocates complain about lax standards for the program, with logos appearing on everything from frozen sweets to sugary cereals.
Calif. sues bank, alleges more than $200M in fraud
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ California Attorney General Jerry Brown accused State Street Bank and Trust Co. of "unconscionable fraud" on Tuesday, claiming in a lawsuit the firm had bilked the state's largest pension funds of more than $200 million.The suit alleges Boston-based State Street overcharged the California Public Employees Retirement System and the California State Teachers' Retirement System with fees and penalties for handling foreign currency trades. The bank denied the claims.+ Brown launched an independent investigation into the bank after a group of whistleblowers called Associates Against FX Insider Trading raised the claims in a 2008 lawsuit. ___ Kerkorian may cut 'undervalued' MGM Mirage stake LAS VEGAS (AP) ¿ Saying his 37 percent stake in MGM Mirage should be worth more, billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian said Tuesday that he may cut his investment in the struggling casino operator.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV