Three U.S.- Listed China Stocks to Watch
Editor's note: The following article was written by Maj Soueidan, the founder of The Markets Edge Hedge Fund and GeoInvesting. Soueidan's "GeoTeam" of researchers and analysts uses fundamental criteria to analyze micro- and small-cap stocks.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The avalanche of U.S.-listed Chinese stocks with the potential for above-average returns shows no sign of stopping.
Last Thursday, TMI Entertainment & Media approved its business combination with China MediaExpress Holdings. China MediaExpress operates the largest television advertising network on intercity express buses in China and generates revenue by selling ads on its network of television displays installed on express buses.This is exciting for two reasons. First, on June 25, we coded TMI Entertainment as a bargain at $7.91. We were somewhat leery of doing so because the consummation of a merger was not yet a done deal. However, based on the company's aggressive financial performance targets and clean balance sheet, we felt that TMI Entertainment offered a nice opportunity to participate in a hot China industry sector. Based on financial targets, set by the company's management, that call for net income of $42 million in 2009, $83.5 million in 2010 and $130 million in 2011, we believe investors may find value in TMI shares. Second, the approval of the business combination justified the warrant arbitrage strategy we highlighted on Sept. 1, 2009. The warrants saw an increase in price from 16 cents to $1.81 in roughly six weeks from our first mention. Ironically, as of Monday's close, TMI ended the day at $8.02, meaning that the warrants were still mispriced with an intrinsic value of $2.52 (warrant strike price is $5.50).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV