ABAT has long been in the small-sized lithium ion battery business, but has more recently expanded into the larger-format lithium ion battery for use in electric vehicles.
The company recently signed a $8.7 million contract with Beijing-based U Long Run Sheng Technology Development Co. to supply electric vehicle batteries. Separately, ABAT recently raised approximately $20 million in an equity financing, the proceeds of which will presumably be used to fund its upcoming acquisition of a Shenzhen-based, small-format battery maker (name yet to be disclosed). Adjusted for the equity offering, ABAT trades at approximately 13 times trailing 12 months' earnings. The company has over $60 million of cash on hand, but much of it is presumably committed to its various acquisition and expansion plans.
At the time of publication, Pearson was long CMTP.OB.
The author can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV