The Atlanta-based soft drinks maker posted a profit of $1.9 billion, or 81 cents a share, in the latest three months, roughly the same as last year.
Excluding the impact of restructuring charges and costs, the Dow Jones Industrial Average component earned $1.92 billion, or 82 cents a share, in the latest period. Revenue totaled $8.04 billion in the September quarter, compared with $8.39 billion a year earlier.
The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for a profit of 81 cents a share in the September period on revenue of $8.11 billion.Total company unit case volume rose 2% for the quarter with the biggest increases seen in Latin America (7%) and the Pacific region (6%). On an overall basis, Coca-Cola's international operations saw a 4% increase in unit case volume, led by growth of 37% in India, 15% in China and 3% in Brazil. "Although we expect the consumer to continue facing economic uncertainties into 2010 and for consumer sentiment to recover slowly, we believe more than ever that we have the right strategies being executed, the right leadership team in place and have taken the right actions this year to drive continued growth and to make the most of the abundant opportunities before us," said Muhtar Kent, Coca-Cola chairman and CEO, in a statement Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV