Every night on "Mad Money," Jim Cramer offers market commentary and general investment advice, and he makes calls on specific stocks, both of his own choosing and in response to viewer requests. He relies on his many years of experience and strong track record, and he takes full responsibility for his calls.
Here we track some of his calls from the previous episode of "Mad Money" and find out, at least in the very short term, how the stocks are performing. Keep in mind that Cramer might not have been recommending that viewers take immediate action on a stock. And, of course, it's up to the individual investor to do his or her own homework.
That said, here's how some of the stocks that Cramer talked about on Friday's "Mad Money" show fared today.
Apple (AAPL): Cramer predicted that this week would offer investors the perfect buying opportunity in Apple. He said that iPhone shipment numbers would likely disappoint today but that AT&T (T)'s earnings report would be a positive for Apple, making Tuesday the ideal day to buy the stock. On Monday, Apple closed up $1.81, or 1%, at $189.86, and AT&T added 30 cents, or 1.2%, to $26. Boeing (BA): Wednesday's the day to buy Boeing, Cramer said, anticipating that any more Dreamliner delays will create weakness in the stock. On Monday, Boeing closed up 26 cents, or 0.5%, at $53.45. Wells Fargo (WFC): Cramer also said he'd buy Wells Fargo, which he owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, on weakness.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV