Sector Snap: Heavy Equipment Shares Rising
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of heavy equipment makers rose Monday after RBC Capital Markets initiated coverage on many companies in the sector with positive ratings due in part to the firm's outlook on the global commodities cycle.
Analyst Seth Weber started the following companies at "Outperform," the highest rating:
¿ mining equipment manufacturers Bucyrus International Inc. and Joy Global Inc.
¿ mining and construction equipment giant Caterpillar Inc.¿ Mueller Water Products Inc., which makes fire hydrants, valves and iron pipes ¿ construction-equipment rental company RSC Holdings Inc. and United Rentals Inc. ¿ heavy equipment maker Terex Corp. "We have a favorable view of the commodities cycle and mining machinery is our preferred way to participate," Weber wrote in a note to investors Monday. He also said the strong global presence of Bucyrus and Caterpillar, especially in emerging markets, should help sales soon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV