Hansen Medical Restating Financial Results
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (AP) ¿ Hansen Medical Inc. said Monday it will restate financial results because of potential errors in registering revenue from sales of the company's Sensei Robotic Catheter system.
The medical robotics technology company plans to restate results stretching back to first quarter of 2008. It said some of the errors came from outside its accounting department.
Shares fell 32 cents, or 9.3 percent, to $3.11 in morning trading. The stock has traded between $2.44 and $11.88 over the last 52 weeks.
The Sensei systems are used to properly place catheters in the heart during surgery.The company shipped 68 systems through June 30 for which revenue was recognized and it received full payment for all but two systems. It did recognize a partial payment of $320,000 on one of those two systems. "An investigation by Hansen's audit committee, with the assistance of independent outside counsel, has identified systems for which revenue should have been recognized in a later period than the period in which it was recognized and revenue on a smaller number of systems that should have been reflected as deferred revenue on Hansen's balance sheet as of June 30, 2009," the company said in a statement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV