NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Want to know what really makes stocks move?" Jim Cramer asked the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Monday.
He said the the recently released indictment of insider trading at Galleon Investments provides an "inside" look into how hedge funds make their decisions and how stocks react to those decisions.Cramer said there are many lessons to be learned from report, which outlines in detail, exactly what information was received by the investment group, and how they reacted to it. The first lesson: Earnings don't matter, guidance does.
Cramer's Upcoming Book Signings
Tuesday, Oct. 20, 7 p.m.: Mendham Books, Mendham, NJ (84 East Main St.)
Tuesday, Nov. 17, 7 p.m.: Barnes & Noble, Manhattan (33 East 17th St.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV