Jim Cramer fills his blog on RealMoney every day with his up-to-the-minute reactions to what's happening in the market and his legendary ahead-of-the-crowd ideas. This week he blogged on:
- sellers' reluctance on Friday,
- an opportunity in Intel, and
- why you need to keep an eye on the mobile Internet.
Sellers Reluctant to Hit Bids
Posted at 3:43 p.m. EDT, Oct. 16, 2009
Can we admit that disappointments in high-profile names International Business Machines (IBM), Bank of America (BAC) and General Electric (GE) did very little damage? Can we come to terms with the idea that these three companies, spanning so much of the globe and so many industries, in the end did not provoke a fall, despite how overbought the market is (the most it has been in months)?
Oh, and as much as I like Google (GOOG), it shouldn't have been able to offset these three big companies.Once again, the sellers were simply reluctant to hit bids. They either sat on the offered side when we had one of those mini-rallies up, or they didn't appear at all. We just capped another amazing week, one where we should have had at least big down day. Just didn't happen. At the time of publication, Cramer was long Bank of America.
Amazing Opportunity in Intel
Posted at 2:57 p.m. EDT, Oct. 14, 2009 See ... see, definitive proof that Intel's (INTC) no good: It's not up two bucks! If it were any good, it would be up two bucks. Or more! Could there be any more documentary evidence of how wrong Cramer is? To which I say, the story isn't today's performance; in fact, the failure to run is kind of an amazing opportunity that you don't get very much in this tape. The fact that people think that Intel has run already is the opportunity that is needed to scoop some.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV