Georgia Banks With the Weakest Loan Quality
Fifteen Georgia institutions were included in TheStreet.com's list of Undercapitalized Banks and Thrifts, which was published Aug. 28 and based on June 30 financial reports. Of 116 undercapitalized institutions on the list, 14 have failed. From 89 banks and thrifts on a similar list published in May, more than half have failed.
There were 45 Georgia banks and thrifts with nonperforming-assets ratios above 10% as of June 30, the most for any state, although Florida ran a close second, with 42. Nonperforming assets include nonaccrual loans, accruing loans past due 90 days or more and repossessed real estate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV