Sensient Technologies Cuts 2009 Profit Outlook
MILWAUKEE (AP) ¿ Sensient Technologies Corp. on Friday lowered its 2009 earnings forecast due to "soft economic conditions."
The maker of flavors, fragrances and colors, which also reported a 5 percent decline in its third-quarter profit, cut its full-year outlook for earnings per share to $1.85 to $1.90. Earlier this year the company had predicted $1.90 to $1.95 per share.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect, on average, $1.97 per share.
In morning trading, shares of Sensient Technologies fell $2.24, or 7.7 percent, to $28.87.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV