NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It looks like the 10,000 level will be tested early today, and will likely not hold up. The Goldman (GS) earnings report is clearly setting up to be a "sell on the news" situation this morning. Here are the other names that are making headlines in the early going.
Amphenol (APH): Stock is hitting new 52-week highs after Q3 results.
Baxter (BAX): Shares are falling after company guides Q4 lower.
Bill Barrett (BBG): SunTrust Robinson Humphrey raises stock to a buy. $46 price target.Citigroup (C): Stock is lower following company's earnings results. Entergy (ETR): Shares are flat after company trims guidance slightly. Goldman Sachs (GS): Stock is lower despite blow-out earnings results. Harley Davidson (HOG): Shares are slipping following company's earnings results. Southwest Airlines (LUV): Stock is lower after company's earnings results. Nokia (NOK): Stock is getting hit hard following disappointing earnings results. OpenTable (OPEN): Citigroup raises stock to a buy. PG&E (PCG): UBS raises stock to a buy. Polaris Industries (PII): Stock is flat after company beats analysts' estimates and raises guidance. PPG Industries (PPG): Shares are lower following third-quarter results. Charles Schwab (SCHW): Stock is down after third-quarter profits fall significantly. Safeway (SWY): Shares are slightly higher following company's third-quarter results. Xilinx (XLNX): Shares are lower following second-quarter results.
Upgrades to WatchAbbott Labs (ABT): Goldman Sachs raises estimates. $60 price target. Adtran (ADTN): Barclays Capital raises estimates. $23 price target. Autonation (AN): Goldman Sachs raises price target to $17. Allegheny Technologies (ATI): UBS raises stock to a buy. $42 price target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV