Knoll 3rd-quarter Profit Falls On Weak Demand
EAST GREENVILLE, Pa. (AP) ¿ Office-furniture maker Knoll Inc. said Thursday third-quarter profit dropped 76 percent as demand for furniture continued to be weak as consumers and small businesses cut back on larger-ticket items amid the recession.
Net income for the three months ending Sept. 30 fell to $5.7 million, or 13 cents per share, from $24.1 million, or 52 cents per share last year. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters, on average, predicted a smaller profit of 11 cents per share.
Revenue fell 36 percent to $181.3 million from $283.5 million last year, ahead of the $174.7 million analysts expected.
Sales fell across all product categories and regions, with the largest declines in international sales and office systems products."While demand for our products continues to be severely impacted by the global economic crisis, we are pleased that we were able to continue to report industry leading levels of operating profitability," said CEO Andrew Cogan in a statement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV