Earnings Roundup: Stanley Furniture, Xilinx
Among the earnings stories for Wednesday, Oct. 14, from AP Financial News:
STANLEYTOWN, Va. (AP) ¿ Stanley Furniture Co. on Wednesday reported a wider third-quarter loss as cash-strapped consumers continued to avoid big-ticket purchases of items like wood furniture.
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) ¿ Chip maker Xilinx Inc. said Wednesday its fiscal second-quarter profit declined 21 percent, hurt by lower revenue.
SAN DIEGO (AP) ¿ Consumer products maker WD-40 Co. said Wednesday its fiscal fourth-quarter profit soared nearly 64 percent, helped by lower costs and slightly higher sales.NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of communications equipment maker Adtran Inc. hit a 52-week high Wednesday after the company posted higher-than-expected profit and sales for the third quarter. SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (AP) ¿ Westamerica Bancorporation said profit soared in the third quarter as income improved and it reduced losses from investments and unpaid loans. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ JPMorgan Chase & Co. reported strong third-quarter earnings Wednesday as its thriving investment banking business more than offset rising loan losses that the bank warned would continue for the foreseeable future. CHICAGO (AP) ¿ W.W. Grainger Inc., a facilities maintenance provider, said Wednesday its third-quarter profit rose 3 percent as stronger pricing and cost cutting offset weaker volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV