Enzo Biochem 4Q Loss Widens On Costs
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Biotechnology company Enzo Biochem Inc. said Wednesday its fiscal fourth-quarter loss widened on a rise in general and administrative costs.
For the three months ended July 31, the company lost $5.3 million, or 14 cents per share, compared with a loss of $3.3 million, or 9 cents per share, a year ago. Revenue rose 16 percent to $24.5 million from $21.2 million.
The company provides diagnostic services and makes research products and medical tools.
Enzo said higher selling, general and administrative expenses amounted to 48 percent of net operating revenues, compared with 42 percent a year ago. The higher expenses were due in part to costs from the Assay Designs acquisition, accounting reviews and a provision for uncollectable accounts receivable, the company said.For the full year, the company said it lost $23.6 million, or 63 cents per share, compared with a loss of $10.7 million, or 29 cents per share, a year prior. Revenue rose 15 percent to $89.6 million from $77.8 million. Enzo shares rose 31 cents to close at $7.66 in the regular session. After hours, when the earnings report was issued, the stock fell 41 cents, or 5.4 percent, to $7.25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV