Enzo Biochem 4Q Loss Widens On Costs
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Biotechnology company Enzo Biochem Inc. said Wednesday its fiscal fourth-quarter loss widened on a rise in general and administrative costs.
For the three months ended July 31, the company lost $5.3 million, or 14 cents per share, compared with a loss of $3.3 million, or 9 cents per share, a year ago. Revenue rose 16 percent to $24.5 million from $21.2 million.
The company provides diagnostic services and makes research products and medical tools.
Enzo said higher selling, general and administrative expenses amounted to 48 percent of net operating revenues, compared with 42 percent a year ago. The higher expenses were due in part to costs from the Assay Designs acquisition, accounting reviews and a provision for uncollectable accounts receivable, the company said.For the full year, the company said it lost $23.6 million, or 63 cents per share, compared with a loss of $10.7 million, or 29 cents per share, a year prior. Revenue rose 15 percent to $89.6 million from $77.8 million. Enzo shares rose 31 cents to close at $7.66 in the regular session. After hours, when the earnings report was issued, the stock fell 41 cents, or 5.4 percent, to $7.25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV