NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- "Now that we've pierced Dow 10,000, look for a whole new set of excuses from the bears," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Wednesday.
And just like the current set of excuses, these too will be surmounted and disproven, he continued.
Jim Cramer's signing events near New York continue for his newest book, Getting Back to Even.
Cramer Book Signings Near New York
Wednesday, Oct. 14, 7 p.m.: Borders, Bridgewater, NJ (290 Commons Way)
Tuesday, Oct. 20, 7 p.m.: Mendham Books, Mendham, NJ (84 East Main St.)
Tuesday, Nov. 17, 7 p.m.: Barnes & Noble, Manhattan (33 East 17th St.)
"Don't blame the bears," said Cramer, this is what they do. Bears make up any excuse they can think of to scare investors out of the market, he said. Whether it be oil prices, or gold prices, or jobless claims, or lagging retail sales, the bears will ALWAYS have a reason why you should sell, said Cramer. And when the macro tactics don't work, the bears target individual stocks, said Cramer. The bears were all over the earnings calls of Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) and JPMorgan Chase (JPM), a stock which Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV