NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It appears we may be challenging Dow 10,000 again this morning. The early reaction to earnings is overwhelmingly positive. Here are the names that are in the news this morning.
Story StocksAbbott Labs (ABT): Stock is higher after company raises guidance.
Barrick Gold (ABX): JP Morgan raises stock to an overweight.
Adtran (ADTN): Stock is flat after company beats earnings estimates.Altera (ALTR): Shares are slightly higher after company's third-quarter results. CBS (CBS): Shares are slightly lower following management's business update. CSX (CSX): Stock is higher following company's earnings results. Diageo (DEO): Stock is lower after company misses on revenue results. Group 1 Automotive (GPI): Shares are hitting new 52-week highs after company raises outlook. Host Hotels & Resorts (HST): Stock is flat following third-quarter results. Intel (INTC): Shares are higher following company's results, guidance. JP Morgan Chase (JPM): Shares are up as company handily beats earnings forecast. Linear Technology (LLTC): Stock is slightly higher after company reports results and raises guidance. Progressive (PGR): Stock is higher after company updates September results.
Upgrades to WatchAmerican Greetings (AM): Soleil Securities raises price target to $28. AMR (AMR): Barclays Capital raises stock to an overweight. $20 price target. Arrow Electronics (ARW): Thomas Weisel raises estimates. $28 price target. Yamana Gold (AUY): UBS raises price target to $14. Biogen Idec (BIIB): UBS raises estimates. $56 price target. Burger King (BKC): Deutsche Bank raises estimates. Bruker (BRKR): JP Morgan initiates with an overweight rating. $14 price target. Continental Airlines (CAL): Barclays Capital raises stock to an equalweight. $23 price target. Chesapeake Energy (CHK): UBS raises estimates. $31 price target. Colgate-Palmolive (CL): Merrill Lynch/Bank of America raises estimates. $86 price target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV