Smurfit-Stone To Run Waste Services Plant In Fla.
CREVE COEUR, Mo. (AP) ¿ Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. said Tuesday it has partnered with Canadian garbage collection and recycling company Waste Services Inc. to operate that company's materials recycling facility in Hialeah, Florida.
The maker of containerboard and corrugated packaging said it was the third such arrangement between the two companies. Smurfit-Stone already operates Waste Services' Taft and Sanford facilities near Orlando, Florida.
Smurfit-Stone operates 29 materials recycling facilities in the United States and collected about 6.6 million tons of recyclable materials in 2008.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV