Earnings Roundup: Johnson & Johnson, KMG Chemicals
Among the earnings stories for Tuesday, Oct. 13, from AP Financial News:
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) ¿ Johnson & Johnson on Tuesday reported a meager 1 percent increase in third-quarter profit, as intensifying generic competition slashed sales of blockbuster prescription drugs. In addition, the global recession hurt consumer product sales and slowed growth for medical devices, the only J&J segment not declining.
HOUSTON (AP) ¿ KMG Chemicals Inc., which makes wood preservatives and weed-killing chemicals, said Tuesday its fourth-quarter profit soared on cost-cutting and improvements in all its businesses.
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) ¿ Agribusiness conglomerate Cargill Inc. said Tuesday its fiscal first-quarter earnings plunged 65 percent, hurt by slumping fertilizer sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV