Bovie Gets FDA Approval For Kidney Surgery Device
MELVILLE, N.Y. (AP) ¿ Bovie Medical Corp. said Tuesday it received clearance to sell a device that cuts and reseals tissue in kidney surgeries.
The Food and Drug Administration approved market of Bovie's laparoscopic SEER device, which is used for cutting and coagulating soft tissue. It is intended to be used in partial removal of kidneys.
Bovie said the laparoscopic SEER, or Saline Enhance Electrosurgical Resection, device is an extension of a line the company launched earlier this year.
Bovie also said it filed for FDA approved of a line of coated blades and needles. The products are covered with a coating that resists scabbing and scar tissue caused by burning. The product line also includes coated ball electrodes.Shares of Bovie advanced 43 cents, or 5.4 percent, to $8.45 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV