Corcept To Raise $18M In Sale Of Stock And Options
MENLO PARK, Calif. (AP) ¿ Corcept Therapeutics Inc. said Tuesday it expects to raise about $18 million by selling stock and options to institutional investors.
Corcept said the money will be used to complete enrollment of patients in a late stage clinical trial of its drug candidate Corlux as a treatment for Cushing's syndrome, and to cover the cost of filing for Food and Drug Administration marketing clearance.
The $18 million is a gross estimate and does not include expenses connected to the offering.
Corcept said it will sell 12.6 million units at $1.43 per share. The units will consist of one share of stock, and a warrant to buy 0.35 shares at an exercise price of $1.66 per share. Buyers include current Corcept investors such as Longitude Capital Management, Sutter Hill Ventures, Alta Partners and new investors including Federated Kaufmann Funds.The sale is expected to close on Friday. The company is testing Corlux as a treatment for Cushing's syndrome and psychotic depression. Cushing's syndrome occurs when the body produces to much of the hormone cortisol, or by overexposure to cortisol. Symptoms can include high blood sugar and blood pressure, fatigue, and weak muscles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV