Telvent Sees Higher 3Q Profit, Cuts '09 Outlook
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Spanish information-technology company Telvent Git SA said Tuesday it expects to report a stronger third-quarter profit than a year ago but cut its full-year earnings and sales outlook.
For the period ended Sept. 30, The company projects adjusted earnings of 0.29 euros (43 cents) to 0.32 euros per share on adjusted sales of 190 million euros ($282.5 million) to 194 million euros.
That's up from earnings of 0.21 euros on sales of 160 million euros a year earlier.
It expects new orders of about 310 million euros ($461 million), more than double the 148.5 million euros of a year ago.But the company cut its full-year outlook to earnings of 1.52 euros to 1.55 euros, down from a previous forecast of 1.54 euros to 1.58 euros. It cut sales to between 812 million euros and 826 million euros, down from 826 million euros to 850 million euros.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV