United Commercial is operating under a regulatory cease-and-desist order. A filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission said earlier financial reports were inaccurate because fourth-quarter loan losses hadn't been fully recognized.
California Banks With Weakest Loan Quality
Eleven California institutions were included in the list of Undercapitalized Banks and Thrifts as of June 30.
There were 14 California banks and thrifts with nonperforming asset ratios that were higher than 10%:
Free Bank and S&L RatingsTheStreet.com Ratings issues independent and conservative financial-strength ratings on the nation's 8,300 banks, and savings and loans. These are available at no charge on the Bank & Thrift Ratings Screener. --Reported by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. The writer owns shares in Riverside Banking Co., the holding company for Riverside National Bank of Florida, a former employer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV